How to keep cool when it's hot
Hot flashes in the summertime? Ugh!
If your estrogen levels are fluctuating then you’re probably having vasomotor issues, A.K.A. hot flashes and night sweats. And hot weather can make things worse. Here’s a few ways to turn the temperature down just a tad.
Limit these foods/drinks:
- Alcohol (yeah, I know, boo)
- Salty foods
- Processed foods
You’re not smoking, right? Phew, good.
- Water, water, water
- Phytoestrogens (estrogenic foods) like soy, preferably non-GMO
- Slow walks
- Anything else that helps you de-stress
- Cold baths and showers
- Switch from antiperspirant to natural deodorant--I know it sounds crazy, but allowing your body to sweat will cool you off.
Herbs and supplements:
- Black cohosh
- Pueraria mirifica (with 20mg standardized miroestrol per 100mg)
- Femmenessence MacaLife, but it can take up to 5 weeks to take effect
Please, please, please talk with your doctor before trying supplements.